Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I'm Sewing Right Now...

I'm having such fun sewing right now; Maggie is often cold in class, so I picked out a wonderful, bright quilted fabric at JoAnn's.  I used it for sleeves of this long-sleeved top, and for the rest used a wonderful purple plaid knit from the thrift shop.   I think I got all of the purple plaid yardage for about 1.00, and I have enough left for a short-sleeve top for myself.   I cut out this pattern last night and finished it before bed.  It's rather cold here today, so I hope she is warm enough in class... Maggie was very upset with us this morning, as you can see in the pictures, because "everyone else goes to the donut shop before school" and we don't take her.  She is ready to run away (  a frequent threat right now).  I offered to take her on Saturday morning, but that was small consolation for her.  Notice the clenched fists and angry expression....  I do know that several kids bring donuts to school on my campus, but this little girl won't be getting on that bandwagon anytime soon...sorry, Maggie!




No comments: