Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Daily Rountine

This post is about a typical day for our family.   
The girls leave home for school in the mornings around 7:35 with their dad.   This gives me a few more minutes to wrap up my morning before I leave at 7:40. This is when I really enjoy my 3-block commute.   Keith picks Sadie up after school, and  Maggie comes to my school on the bus each afternoon at 3:00, and works on homework until I get off work at 3:45.  We are usually home by 4:00, and Maggie's homework is all done and she is ready to play outside, or do something in the house.  I feed Sammy at 4:00, and take him on a walk for about 15 - 20 minutes.   I start cooking at 5:00, so we are usually ready to eat by 5:45 to 6:00.  Some days I try to sqeeze in a few loads of laundry here, while cleaning up the kitchen, taking out garbage, and straightening up the living room.  Lunches for the next day have to be packed, and I always lay out an outfit for Maggie to put on the next morning.  Maggie gets her bath and is supposed to be in bed by 8:30; sometimes it's a little later.   Sadie has been napping in the afternoons after school for an hour or more; she gets in bed a little later than I do, which is usually around 10:00 to 10:30.    I am always looking for ways to make better use of my time;  I have found that I accomplish a lot more if I stay off of the computer in the evenings. 
 Maggie's homework time!

No comments: