Thursday, April 14, 2011

1st grade musical

Maggie's first grade musical was a great success.   It is difficult to pick her out of this picure, but she is 3rd from left in the orange shirt and pigtails.  She was so excited for us to come and see the performance.   I allowed her to wear flip-flops to the musical, since she had left her shoes outside and we were in a hurry to get there early to get a seat.  I thought she would be standing on the risers only; of course, she had a part which required her to leave the risers and run in place during a song.   I felt terrible that she had to do this in flip flops before an audience, but she never missed a beat.   Also, Maggie's 7th birthday was this week, and we will have a birthday party at home with friends & family this weekend.  It is so hard to beleive that seven years have passed since she was born.   I cut several inches off of her hair for summer the night of her birthday and she was completely crushed.  I did not realize how much of her identity is wrapped up in her hair, literally!   She will soon grow it back and will not want for me to come near it again.

No comments: