Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chores




Click here to view these pictures larger

My two girls have chores each day and week. One of Maggie's chores is to put away the clean silverware after it is removed from the dishwasher. You can tell by her expression how she felt about this chore recently. Don't we all have days like this? For myself, it seems to be more difficult to get up on time after the time change takes us forward one hour each spring. And also my task list is getting longer and longer with spring activities and to-do's. The mowing season is already upon us here; I did get our garden planted on Sunday with Maggie's help. Keith did the plowing and we did the planting. If all goes well, we will have lots and lots of fresh veggies to share and put away. I will post some garden-themed blog posts as the gardening season progresses. I hope to can black-eyed peas this year. We also planted squash, cucumbers, okra, red potatoes, onions, and lettuce. Our apricot trees are loaded with fruit. Let's hope a late freeze doesn't reverse our progress.

No comments: