Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Clothesline

I am a devoted user of my clothesline; I guess the politically correct name for it is my "Environmentally Friendly Clothes/Laundry Drying System." The last few weeks have not co-operated weather-wise, but I can normally hang out the majority of my loads year-round. I once read that the average family of 4 saves $1200.00 per year in electricity costs by using a clothesline. The only loads I dry in the dryer are my whites, such as wash cloths, towels, etc. Even though my washer is high-efficiency, there is no such thing as a high-efficiency dryer, as I was told by the salesperson who sold me the pair I purchased. So, I feel like I am helping my wallet and the environment, plus saving the fibers of my family's clothes, since dryer heat wears clothes out much more quickly. Plus, I have a nice view and enjoy the fresh air as I work.

No comments: