Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lunchbox solutions and Sisterly Moments

As I pack 3 lunches each day for school, including my own, I am always searching for inspiration (thank you to Wendolonia and your great blog) and easy solutions that are cost-effective as well. One great strategy is as follows:
I place 2 baking potatoes in the oven the night before and use the "Automatic Oven" feature of my range. I set it to bake the potatoes starting about 5:15 in the morning and take them out around 6:30 when they finish. I take the pototoes out of their jackets and mash in a bowl with salt and butter. Then I pack them into 2 pre-heated thermoses (thanks again to Wendolonia for instructions on preheating thermoses) with a dollop of sour cream and pack the thermoses into my lunchbox and my 8th grader's lunchbox, along with fruit, crackers, and cheese.

My 2 daughters are beginning to lose some of the sibling rivalry lately (knock on wood) and they also enjoy some quality time together frequently (again, knock on wood). We are looking forward to spring break in March; last year we enjoyed watching "Gone with the Wind" together and are ready to watch it together again soon; I am searching for more great classics we can all enjoy.


No comments: